Here’s the Founder of Qualped, Shaun Michael Samaroo, in conversation with Executive Mentor Coach, Marguerite O’Neal. Listen to what we’re doing with the future of the book.
The following is extracted from Marguerite O’Neal’s Consulting website:
Shaun Michael Samaroo is the CEO of Qualped, a startup company based in Oshawa, Ontario dedicated to transforming the way people consume academic information and disrupting the publishing industry through hybrid digital-print solutions. He is an accomplished and experienced journalist, media specialist, and author with over 20 years of experience in the digital and print publishing industry.
Shaun joins me today to discuss how he developed his innovative idea of helping universities and post-graduate students generate revenue from academic theses. He explains what Qualped means and the mission behind the company, why he is passionate helping people share their stories as well as helping post-grad students and universities raise revenue, and how he is transforming the digital and print publishing industry through his innovative, dynamic media technology. He shares the challenges he has faced while launching his startup company and the shift he experienced in his mindset to help him accomplish his goals of scaling the business. He also shares how finding a coach and mentor has impacted his ability to achieve his leadership and entrepreneurial goals as well as tips for bringing innovations to market.
“We shouldn’t be thinking about an idea that makes money. We should be thinking about solutions.” – Shaun Samaroo
Today on the Creative Disruption Podcast:
- How he is transforming the publishing industry by creating dynamic, interactive media content
- Qualped’s mission
- How his childhood experiences impacted his desire to become a writer and journalist
- The importance of surrounding yourself with people who inspire, motivate and believe in you
- Finding support from other businesses and organizations
- Challenges he currently faces and how he is overcoming them
- How he transitioned his mindset from being the visionary of the company to adopting a CEO mindset
- What he envisions his legacy to become
Shaun Samaroo’s Leadership Insight for Introducing Disruptive Technology:
- Do your homework. Do the hard work. Do the research.
- Find a coach or mentor.
- Know and understand the sacrifices and financial costs associated with bringing new technology to market.